Before your Spray Tan: To ensure you get the best tan possible, remember these steps:
1. Take a shower like normal and be careful to rinse off all of the shampoo and soap; also do not apply any deorderant, moisturizer, lotion, cream, or makeup before your spray tan.
2. Exfoliate with an oil-free product! This is the single most important aspect of your before-appointment regimen. By exfoliating, you are turning your skin into a clean slate for your spray tan. Properly exfoliating with an oil-free product can increase the life of your spray tan by up to three days! Be sure to read your ingredients to ensure no oil is in any thing you use on your skin before your spray tan appointment! Oil acts like a guard and will prevent the tan from getting into the skin to develop which can cause a streaky uneven tan.
3. What to wear to your appointment: Aviva Labs' solutions are oil-free, which means they will not stain your clothes, bedsheets, or your couch. However, we do suggest that you wear dark, loose clothing so that your clothing does not rub against the spray tan while it is setting.
After your Spray Tan: Your Spray tan will last 5-7 Days, If you follow the directions below!
1. Do not take a shower, take a bath, go swimming or work out during the 8-12 hours (1-3 for rapid tan) that your tan is setting to ensure that the tan is given enough time to properly develop.
2. For your first shower: Rinse Only!!! Soaps and shampoos can lessen the quality of your spray tan. To be even safer: after your first rinse off, use Aviva Labs DHA-Infused Shower Glow to significantly prolong the life of your tan.
3. Moisturize, Moisturize, Mositurize! A spray tan's worst enemy is dry skin; a spray tan's best friend is a fantastic moisturizer. By using moisturizers on a daily basis (and after every shower!) your skin will stay soft, supple, and most importantly tanned for days longer! We recommend Aviva Labs Velvet Soft